We bite off more than we can chew. (可以很直接翻成眼睛比胃口還大,很貪心的意思,或者能力不足,卻想做出能力以外的事)
I only care about your happiness. (我只希望你快樂)
I was sidetracked. (我分神了)
Apple polisher=You got something on your nose=kiss asser 拍馬屁的人
I have very limited phone service. (我的手機收訊不太好)
CYA=cover your ass
I was spaced out. (我剛剛發呆了)
I only have a small violin for you=Don't cry for me Argentina. (我的遭遇比你的嚴重多了)
The food goes right through me. (吃下肚的東西馬上拉出來)
All hell broke loose=everything was crazy(所有糟糕的壞事通通都發生了)
OCD=obsessive compulsive disorder (強迫症)
To be bitched out=To get yelled at(被罵)
ADD=Attention Deficit Disorder (過動)
You were totally absorbed. (你剛剛太專心了)
It's a hit or miss. (結果不一定,有可能好也有可能不好)
Ms. Robinson complex (戀母情節)
I heard it firsthand/secondhand. (我得到第一手/第二手情報)
The selection is limited. (選擇很少。譬如:The selection in the store is very limited. 商店裡面的選擇很少)
The movie is two stars out of four. (這部電影沒有很好看)
He is way over the top. (他做得太超過太過份了)
You speak my mind. (你講出我心裡想的話)
Make a mental note. (在心裡悄悄記住)
Let's not get caught up by the details. (還是不要太追問細節啦)
The cookies are calling my name. (餅乾在呼喚我)
Finally my mind kicked in.(最後我的理智還是恢復了)
He knows you intuitively. (他很直覺的就很了解你)
I am not going to take offense. (我不會被你冒犯到)
He is openly gay. (他公開他是gay)
He has the superman complex. (他有超人情節)
Goof off all day. (一整天都在混)
PDA=Public Display Affection
You are so self-absorbed. (你真是太自我膨脹)
I have tough skin. (我臉皮很厚)
He is not buffed=He is not in good shape.(他身材有點走樣)
He is thinking with his genitalia. (他用下半身思考)
Not at all=not in the very least.(一點也不)
MIA=Missing In Action (ex: He is MIA again.(他又不知道到哪裡去了)
Ignorance is a bliss. (無知是福)
LMAO=Laughing My Ass Off(太好笑了)
I am totally speculating. (這件事我也不知道,我只是在猜測而已)
He has a strong attraction to me=He is attracted to me=He likes me.(他喜歡我)
I didn't want to pursue to contact with him. (我不想繼續跟他連絡)
With the traffic it is edging up to 2 hours each way.(因為交通阻塞的關係,單程可能變成兩小時)
Sitting in the sun/shade(坐在陽光下)
I am a beach person. (我喜歡去海邊)
I can be really burned. (我很容易被晒傷)
Everything there is discounted. (每樣東西都有折扣)
He is so unsociable. (他非常擅長交際)
It seems like a no brainer=It is so obvious.(這件事非常明顯)
I have to pipe up=I have to speak up (我只好跳出來講話)
I only caught a few episodes. (我只看了幾集(連續劇))
I have been seasick a few times. (我過去有幾次暈船的經驗)
He recounted his story. (他敘述了他的遭遇)
This leaves you another dilemma. (這件事讓你很兩難)
There is a good chance that the restaurant is not open.(餐廳很有可能沒有開)
He is having a life altering change.(他的生命有了很大的改變)
Do you want to cut through it? (要不要走捷徑)
The phone is off the hook. (電話沒掛好)
It is all subtitled. (這電影有字幕)
I was only half asleep. (我沒有完全睡著,半睡半醒)
He was talking out of his ass. (他根本都在唬爛)
The bread is going stale.(這麵包已經放太久了)
They party hard.(他們一天到晚party)
This thing grosses me out. (這件事讓我覺得很噁心)
He is very close-mouthed about it=He is tightlipped. (他嘴風很緊)
You can't let one bad experience hold you back.(你不能讓這一個不好的經驗影響你)
What is your heritage? (你是什麼族群的人)
These people work 24-7.(這些人每天工作24小時)
These people just sleep walk their lives. (這些人只是渾渾噩噩過一生)
He has a verbal diarrhea=He does not shut up.(他不肯閉嘴)
They did a duet. (他們唱了首男女對唱)

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    Deborah 發表在 痞客邦 留言(1) 人氣()